Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrolock Ignition
01-30-2019, 03:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2019, 03:46 AM by Brock1030.)
Electrolock Ignition
Anyone have an Electrolock ignition cable with or without lock, correct for models 98A or 96A (believe these are the same part). My new project (1930 98A Deluxe Sedan which my grandfather bought new and I recently located), is very complete, but the Electrolock is missing.

Picture attached from a couple weeks ago of car being located for transport to me. 

Any help or leads on a good Electrolock? Thanks so much.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

01-30-2019, 05:42 AM,
RE: Electrolock Ignition
I have seen the ignition key lock with the armoured cable that goes to the coil on eBay from time to time, so keep an eye on eBay. The coil itself seems to be more elusive, only seen the coils a couple of times on eBay in the past 2 years
01-30-2019, 11:52 AM,
RE: Electrolock Ignition
The large cable with the key lock on the dash end bolts onto the distributor, not the spark coil. On this car, the distributor is in place, just the cable is missing with the key end that attaches to the dash. Interestingly, the original pot metal ring that attaches the cable to the dash was found under the seat - even in the old days, things fell between the seats!