Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whippet Deluxe Sedan Offer
01-27-2019, 12:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2019, 01:51 AM by Brock1030.)
Whippet Deluxe Sedan Offer
1929 Whippet 98-A Deluxe Sedan 

Thanks for all the feedback on this forum regarding market value for this rare Whippet Deluxe Sedan.

Details: frame off restoration, fully rebuilt engine with less than 500 miles, manifold porcelain coated, new exhaust, new clutch, frame painted correct chassis black, new shackle bushings, body painted Rundle Maroon with tan stripe, as original, but done in base coat/clear coat.  Bumpers also base coat/clear coat in correct OEM colors, aluminum fittings polished and red OEM accents added to front bumper emblems. Interior fully reupholstered and carpet replaced, each to match OEM as much as possible. Speedo rebuilt and dashboard finished in correct black and gauge cluster with correct brown wrinkle finish. Chassis all rewired with correct armored wire. Rebuilt vacuum tank with new fuel line and restored tank. Rebuilt Carter BB-1. Top has new leatherette to match OEM as closely as possible. 

Chrome all done to high standard by Martin's of Philadelphia. Radiator core cleaned. All OEM wire wheels totally rebuilt, each with new wires and rims to match the OEM design and painted correct yellow.  A sixth wire wheel also added with correct fender mounts and leather strapped rear view mirror added.  All hubcaps are the rare OEM brass versions, and have been chromed and painted with correct red accents. Six new Lester tires and OEM trunk rack - trunk not included. Brakes also new, but will require fine tuning.

Overall, beautiful car, not perfect, but done well.  Bought from the original owner in CT, who drove it only 40K.  I have owned it myself for over 40 years.  Time for a new project!  Car located in Raleigh, NC area. E-mail or PM with any questions or to arrange a time to see the car. 

Asking Price: $18K - could not even come close to restoring another Whippet to this level for this price, plus no auction buyer premium to pay! Make me an offer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)