Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
junk rings
08-30-2018, 02:45 AM,
junk rings
To get my car running I am in need of a couple of junk rings for my 1931 Model 87   2 15/16"  bore
At a later date I will be thinking of getting a new set made by Otto Gas Engine works and as always the more ordered the cheaper they will be so if any other members require a set send me a email and I can get some prices.   Thanks
08-31-2018, 06:22 PM,
RE: junk rings
Hello from Australia. I am away from my cars at the present time,so I can not give you measurements. I have Falcon Knight engines,so that will give you a head up! I will want a set of six please. I will get back with the actual size as soon as I can. By the way the ones that I have removed from one of my engines has grooves around where the chunk ring fits,...so the ring has to have corresponding grooves to suit. Why I say this, is because in the older starter productions, there have articles about heads, and chunk rings, and the way they fit,...and there is NO mention, or drawing, of the head with the grooves that I can see in my heads!!? Please explain!? Regards Phil Dowe.