Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1927 Willys Knight 70a
08-28-2018, 01:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2018, 02:34 AM by jhanmiller.)
1927 Willys Knight 70a

[attachment=3558]
I'm considering selling my 1927 Willy's Knight 70a. I traded into this car and enjoy it, but would really like to find an open car touring. Currently has a 1954 Chevrolet 235 engine and trans in the car and runs and drives great. I do have the original sleeve valve engine, trans and nearly everything to put it back to original. The bottom end has been rebuilt, but the top end will still need to be done. I believe the only part missing is the drive shaft as it now has a custom built drive line to connect the Chevrolet trans to the original rear end. I'll try to get some photos uploaded later today, or I can text the photos to you. This photo is with the ugly pink fenders that are now a proper black. My phone # is 801 891-0754.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

08-29-2018, 06:52 PM,
RE: 1927 Willys Knight 70a
Hello from Australia. I am interested in your car, as I do want a "sedan",style! I do know an agent who travels to your country quite a lot for buyers in Australia. I will have to have a chat with him, to see the "pitfalls" of buying vintage from there! I am interested,and I have been in touch with another vendor from USA, with a similar car. Do you think that you could please send me some pics of the interior? I would also want the original engine that came out of the car! My email is dowefamily@bigpond.com and my name is Phil Dowe. Thank you for your reply in advance,and kind regards Phil.
08-29-2018, 11:17 PM,
(08-29-2018, 06:52 PM)Philip George DOWE Wrote: Hello from Australia.  I am interested in your car, as I do want a "sedan",style!  I do know an agent who travels to your country quite a lot for buyers in Australia.  I will have to have a chat with him, to see the "pitfalls" of buying vintage from there! I am interested,and I have been in touch with another vendor from USA, with a similar car.  Do you think that you could please send me some pics of the interior?  I would also want the original engine that came out of the car!  My email is   dowefamily@bigpond.com   and my name is Phil Dowe.   Thank you for your reply in advance,and kind regards   Phil.
Hello Phil. I'm sure we could put the engine on a palate and ship with the car. I am in central Utah, so probably ship to LA then the long boat ride to down under?
I am going down to my 2nd home this weekend in Spring City where the car is located and I will take lots of pictures and email them to you. My car has spent its life in a very dry climate as the original wood is all there and perfect with the exception of the front floor boards that have been replaced. Even the running boards have their original tongue and groove boards. I recently had the radiator shell, headlight rings, cowl rings and Hood hold downs nickle plated and they look great.
Doors open and shut very nice! I mentioned that it is missing the original drive shaft and "U" joint, but there is one on ebay right now for cheap. Car runs and drives very good right now and I drive it around our little town every weekend. Passenger side window glass is cracked and it will need to be replaced. I know that the car was originally green bodied with black fenders as there is a spot under the hood corner protector that is original paint.
Anyway I will get the photos out to you this weekend. Best,
Jhan Miller.
08-29-2018, 11:28 PM,
(08-29-2018, 11:17 PM)jhanmiller Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 06:52 PM)Philip George DOWE Wrote: Hello from Australia.  I am interested in your car, as I do want a "sedan",style!  I do know an agent who travels to your country quite a lot for buyers in Australia.  I will have to have a chat with him, to see the "pitfalls" of buying vintage from there! I am interested,and I have been in touch with another vendor from USA, with a similar car.  Do you think that you could please send me some pics of the interior?  I would also want the original engine that came out of the car!  My email is   dowefamily@bigpond.com   and my name is Phil Dowe.   Thank you for your reply in advance,and kind regards   Phil.
Hello Phil. I'm sure we could put the engine on a palate and ship with the car. I am in central Utah, so probably ship to LA then the long boat ride to down under?
I am going down to my 2nd home this weekend in Spring City where the car is located and I will take lots of pictures and email them to you. My car has spent its life in a very dry climate as the original wood is all there and perfect with the exception of the front floor boards that have been replaced. Even the running boards have their original tongue and groove boards. I recently had the radiator shell, headlight rings, cowl rings and Hood hold downs nickle plated and they look great.
Doors open and shut very nice! I mentioned that it is missing the original drive shaft and "U" joint, but there is one on ebay right now for cheap. Car runs and drives very good right now and I drive it around our little town every weekend. Passenger side window glass is cracked and it will need to be replaced. I know that the car was originally green bodied with black fenders as there is a spot under the hood corner protector that is original paint.
Jhan Miller.

Just sent some additional photos to you that I had on my phone. Please let me know if you received them. Jhan.
08-30-2018, 12:13 AM,
(08-29-2018, 11:28 PM)jhanmiller Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 11:17 PM)jhanmiller Wrote:
Jhan Miller.

Just sent some additional photos to you that I had on my phone. Please let me know if you received them. Jhan.
Not showing that my emails went thru to you for whatever reason. If you want to try to send me an email at jhankmiller@hotmail.com then I can resend the pictures to you.
09-10-2018, 04:44 AM,
I sold my 1927 Willy’s Knight 70a. I have a nearly complete engine transmission and accessories that I am interested in selling parts or everything.
09-12-2018, 10:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2018, 10:57 AM by Texas WK Model 70A.)
I sent you a PM