Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1929 Whippet 98-A Deluxe Sedan For Sale
08-11-2018, 12:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2018, 08:20 PM by Brock1030.)
1929 Whippet 98-A Deluxe Sedan For Sale
1929 Whippet 98-A Deluxe Sedan For Sale - frame off restoration, fully rebuilt engine with less than 500 miles, manifold porcelain coated, new exhaust, new clutch, frame painted correct chassis black, new shackle bushings, body painted Rundle Maroon with tan stripe, as original, but done in base coat/clear coat.  Bumpers also base coat/clear coat in correct OEM colors, aluminum fittings polished and red OEM accents added to front bumper emblems. Interior fully reupholstered and carpet replaced, each to match OEM as much as possible. Speedo rebuilt and dashboard finished in correct black and gauge cluster with correct brown wrinkle finish. Chassis all freshly rewired with correct armored wire. Rebuilt vacuum tank with new fuel line and restored tank. Rebuilt Carter BB-1. Top has new leatherette to match OEM as closely as possible. 

Chrome all done to show standard. Radiator core cleaned. All wire wheels totally rebuilt, each with new rims to match the OEM wheels and painted correct yellow.  A sixth wire wheel also added with correct fender mounts and leather strapped rear view mirrors added. Hubcaps chromed and painted with correct red accents. Note all six are brass OEM. Also, new Lester tires and Varco trunk on OEM rack.

Brakes also new, but will require additional adjusting. Overall, beautiful car, not perfect, but done well.  Bought from the original owner in CT, who drove it only 40K.  I have owned it myself for over 40 years and only selling now as I have located this week one of my grandfather’s two identical 1930 98-A Deluxe Sedans, both of which he bought new in Ludington, MI in 1930.  Time for a new project! 

Car located in Raleigh, NC area. E-mail or PM, using contact points below, with any questions or to arrange a time to see the car.  For photos, see attachments. $22K OBO.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

08-12-2018, 08:56 AM,
RE: 1929 Whippet 98-A Deluxe Sedan For Sale
I've seen this car three times this week. It is absolutely gorgeous. If I wanted any more toys I would have already bought it, and I'm not that much into 1929 Whippets, period. You could almost eat off the engine. He was pretty young when he bought it. Jim Zehr #1041
08-13-2018, 12:13 AM,
RE: 1929 Whippet 98-A Deluxe Sedan For Sale
Thanks so much for the endorsement, Jim. Great to meet you last week and pass on some Whippet parts from the stash accumulated over the years. This ‘29 is wonderful car and with it being a Deluxe Sedan, it’s truly a great opportunity to own a unique and rare vehicle!