Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enameling !?
08-06-2018, 06:10 PM,
Enameling !?
Hello all!!  I have finally reached that stage of my life where I can do more of the things that I want to do.  So I am now trying to get back to where I left off,   restoring my Falcon Knight!  What I want to know ,is where can I find someone to restore my emblem that is on the radiator of the Falcon Knight? I actually have two of them,but one is a bit scratched. Any useful info would be much appreciated!  If you want to contact me,other than here...dowefamilyatbigponddotcom  I hope you can decipher that!!? Thank you in advance for your replies!   Phil Dowe.
08-07-2018, 03:06 AM,
RE: Enameling !?
Don't know what part of Aussie you are in, but check your yellow pages for badge/emblem manufacturers.
08-10-2018, 06:09 PM,
Thank you very much for your advice,... and I did have a look and even Gogled. I found exactly what I expected of Australian industry,...sorry we get ours done in China!  The left wing of politics have got business buggered here in Australia.Wages tooo high,or other work place restrictions, so why do we bother!!  Sorry about the rave,but I will not excuse those that have made it the way it is!!
08-10-2018, 06:46 PM,
Some costume jewellery manufacturers have the necessary equipment which is mainly a high temp kiln powders are normally readily available. We did a night with the boys club that were fired in a pottery kiln where they did a piece
08-10-2018, 11:12 PM,
PGD, In the past I have purchased WO badges from an Ebay seller "cxconway".  He used to restore and sell a fairly good choice of WO product badges but stopped doing so.  When I inquired as to why he stopped he just stated that he had great difficulty moving inventory.

I have purchased 4 different radiator badges, however many years ago.  He still does other marques.

Do an ebay search of sellers and give it a try.  Also look in the much ignored P&SL (parts and services listing) right at the top of the forum pages.  My memory fails me as to what is in there for badge restorers or dealers, but give it a look.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

08-11-2018, 02:11 AM,
Here's my recommendation, based on my personal experience with Karla Maxwell's
repair for my '32 Cadillac LaSalle Radiator Emblem.  Often called cloisonné enamel,
many emblems are more correctly described as champlevé.  You can find Karla's
website at www.maxwellenamels.com
Not inexpensive, but absolute perfection with the examples I've seen.

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
www.leatherplates.com
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
www.leatherplates.com
08-15-2018, 06:24 PM,
Thank you Steve. Yes I have been in touch with Karla, and I probably will go that way!! Regards Phil.
08-15-2018, 08:31 PM,
Phil
I first met Karla when she reworked my '32 LaSalle radiator badge.  Her work was amazing.  Subsequently I met her and her husband at the 5 day HCCA 75th Annual National Convention in Van Nuys, Calif.  Just great people.  We occasionally keep in touch with common interests in addition to the obvious, antique automobiles.  I'm sure you'll be pleased with the quality of her work. 
Steve
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
www.leatherplates.com