Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whippet Parts Stash
08-03-2018, 12:14 PM,
Whippet Parts Stash
In process of coming back to the WOKR - joined back in the early '70's as a kid (Charlie Weaver helped with my membership and many a beginning project with Whippets) and now getting the '29 98-A Deluxe Sedan (similar to my grandfather's two identical Whippets) out of storage at the family home in Chicago and down to my home in NC.

Have been cleaning out the storage garage in Chicago, and found the following parts, which are now for sale:

Whippet Model 98-A

Pair of front fenders, restored and painted back, in excellent, rust free condition - $500, OBO
Pair of rear fenders, unrestored, right has some damage but repairable - $200, OBO
Four artillery (front and rear), wood wheels, restored and painted rundle maroon with factory type pinstriping - $400, OBO
Four Whippet hubcaps, restored and painted with correct red accent paint, in excellent condition - $100/OBO
Spare tire (rear mount) brackets, restored and painted black - $75, OBO

Whippet Model 98

Engine and trans - unrestored, but all there except for valve covers, transmission rough - $200, OBO

Whippet Model 96

One artillery (front) wood wheel, unrestored and in good condition - $50, OBO
Front axle, unrestored in fair condition - $25, OBO

Additional Parts

Have a set of 5 wire wheels with lugs outside the hub.  Told they are for a Whippet, but cannot verify.  OK shape, but all need restoration - $200, OBO

Rim spreaders - 2 of the crank type and 1 of the jack type, all good shape and in working order, but would need restoration for show use.  Fine for regular use. $50 ea., OBO 

Let me know your needs/interests with the above. Would prefer pick-up in Chicago rather than shipping, certainly with the engine, but also with the wheels and fenders.  Would be glad to forward pics.
08-04-2018, 09:06 AM,
RE: Whippet Parts Stash
Can you post a picture of a wire wheel? Dimensions might help as well.
Al Donze
Mt. Sterling, OHIO
08-04-2018, 11:12 AM,
i'm interested in 96&98 parts. how do we get connected? i live close to chicago
08-04-2018, 12:51 PM,
(08-04-2018, 11:12 AM)lucy Wrote: i'm interested in 96&98 parts. how do we get connected? i live close to chicago

PM sent. Thanks so much.
1929 Whippet 98-A Deluxe Sedan, Restored
Rundle Maroon, Black Fenders and Yellow Wires
Rack and Trunk
Similar to maternal Grandfather's two identical Whippets
Purchased from original owner in 1976
08-04-2018, 12:52 PM,
(08-04-2018, 09:06 AM)Al Donze Wrote: Can you post a picture of a wire wheel?  Dimensions might help as well.

Good evening, Al.

Will get a pic tomorrow, as well as dimensions. Thanks so much.
Rack and Trunk
08-05-2018, 01:19 AM,
Note the follow SOLD updates, indicated in CAPS:

Whippet Model 98-A

Pair of front fenders, restored and painted back, in excellent, rust free condition - $500, OBO
Pair of rear fenders, unrestored, right has some damage but repairable - $200, OBO
Four artillery (front and rear), wood wheels, restored and painted rundle maroon with factory type pinstriping - $400, OBO - note: SOLD
Four Whippet hubcaps, restored and painted with correct red accent paint, in excellent condition - $100/OBO
Spare tire (rear mount) brackets, restored and painted black - $75, OBO

Whippet Model 98

Engine and trans - unrestored, but all there except for valve covers, transmission rough - $200, OBO - note: SOLD

Whippet Model 96

One artillery (front) wood wheel, unrestored and in good condition - $50, OBO
- note: SOLD
Front axle, unrestored in fair condition - $25, OBO - note: SOLD

Additional Parts

Have a set of 5 wire wheels with lugs outside the hub. Told they are for a Whippet, but cannot verify. OK shape, but all need restoration - $200, OBO

Rim spreaders - 2 of the crank type and 1 of the jack type, all good shape and in working order, but would need restoration for show use. Fine for regular use. $50 ea., OBO
Rack and Trunk