Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model 96 Water Pump needed
07-25-2018, 10:54 PM,
Model 96 Water Pump needed
I am looking for a serviceable Water Pump for my 1926 Overland Model 96 ( 1926/28 Whippet ) Part number 358211. It will need to be shipped to the UK ( at my expense of course ). The pump I have has fallen apart and is in many pieces, can anyone help please?
07-26-2018, 11:05 AM,
RE: Model 96 Water Pump needed
Tel, since you are a member of the W-O-K-R you should have a club roster. Look up Don Liepelt who is also a long time member. Don "Re-manufactures" most of the pumps for Willys Overland products. He verifies that casting is sound, installs modern SEALED roller bearings and also a MODERN seal. With the modern bearings rather than bushings, you can run fan belt tighter. Replaces impeller if needed. Manufactures a new stainless steel shaft. Although they are no longer needed, Don keeps the packing nut and grease zerk to keep original look.

I have had Don Re-manufacture a water pump for my WK model 70A. FAN-FREKIN' -TASTIC quality work. Now maintenance free / AKA no repacking or leaking. Don charges proper for his work as he well should. I suggest that you contact him and see if he has one for sale that he has already re-manufactured.

I can't recommend this mans work more than I do.

Other than Don Liepelt you will just have to keep looking everywhere.
07-26-2018, 07:02 PM,
If the housing is destroyed, try contacting Al Donze, who is in the roster.
08-20-2018, 08:56 PM,
Are you still looking for a water pump? I have one that is in good condition. In other words the volute is not rotted away. If you still need it I can send pictures
08-20-2018, 09:18 PM,
Hi Bob, many thanks for your reply I have one on the way to the UK from Gene Potts.
08-24-2018, 11:27 PM,
Bob,
pm sent

thanks
john